Call for Abstracts: JSME
Thank you very much for submitting.
13 February - 7 April 2020
The 52nd Annual Meeting of the Japan Society for Medical Education (JSME) 17-18th July, 2020
The International Session aims to provide opportunities to share and exchange knowledge, ideas and opinions on medical and health professions education with colleagues and experts in a global setting.
Abstract Submissions for the International Session
- The JSME invites abstracts of original papers covering any topic in health professions education.
- Papers may include original research (comprehensive or pilot studies), research reviews, case studies, educational techniques, and so on. Papers will be presented either in the form of an oral or a poster presentation , depending on the preference of the authors and the decision by the JSME Internationalization Committee.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- When submitting abstracts from abroad, the first author (or presenter) does NOT need to be a JSME member. However, for submitting abstracts from within Japan, the first author (or presenter) is required to have JSME individual membership.
Oral or Poster Presentation
- Four papers will be selected for the oral session based on the evaluation of the abstract.
- All remaining abstracts will be presented in the form of posters.
- Although there will be no oral presentation at the poster site, the presenting authors must stay there for the designated length of time (1 hour) to interact with poster viewers.
- The poster session will not be chaired. Each presenter will be responsible for starting on time.
- Abstracts may be presented only by persons listed as authors at the time of submission.
KAGOSHIMA PREFECTUAL CITIZENS EXCHANGE CENTER
14-50 Yamashitacho, Kagoshima City, Kagoshima 892-0816, Japan
Authors should choose their topic from the 3 categories below.
Structure of the Abstract
- The abstract title may not be longer than 100 characters, including spaces.
- Identifying information, such as authors’ names and affiliations
(institutions and hospitals), should be entered in the designated box.
- There is a limit of 1,800 characters, including spaces, for the abstract text. The abstract should be structured into Background & Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
Review and Selection Process
- Submitted abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the members of the JSME.
Confirmation of Acceptance
- Confirmation of acceptance will be sent to the first authors via an e-mail at the beginning of May 2020
Commitment to Present
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if the abstract is accepted.
- Failure to present without prior notice may jeopardize acceptance of future abstracts.
- Travel Awards will be offered to 10 successful submitters from abroad based on the evaluation of abstracts alone. In the selection process, regional distribution will also be considered. Each awardee will win 50,000 JPY.
How to Submit an Abstract
- Abstracts can ONLY be submitted by e-mail using the specified Excel format shown below.
Abstract submission address: email@example.com
- It is the authors’ responsibility to review the submissions and correct them. Please proofread your abstract before completing submission.
- If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the technical secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Administration Organization of the 52nd JSME Annual Meeting
- Japan Society for Medical Education (JSME)
- Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences
c/o CSS, Inc.
1-2 nishitaniyama 3-chome, Kagoshima 891-0117, Japan
Members of the JSME Internationalization Committee
|MURAOKA Akira||National Center for Global Health and Medicine|
|OKUBO Yumiko||Tokyo Women’s Medical University|
|ISHIKAWA Kazunobu||International University of Health and Welfare|
|KIKUKAWA Makoto||Kyushu University|
|AKIYAMA Minoru||Medical Excellence of JAPAN|
|GOMI Harumi||International University of Health and Welfare|
|AOMATSU Muneyoshi||Saku Central Hospital|
|BREUGELMANS Raoul||Tokyo Medical University|
|TAKAMURA Akiteru||Kanazawa Medical University|
|YAMAUCHI Kazuyo||Tokyo Women’s Medical University|
|MIYOSHI Sayaka||Kyoto University|